To effectively search for something, you should first know what that thing is. For finding arrest warrants for Matagorda County, TX, means understanding what arrest warrants are. Essentially, an arrest warrant grants the state and officers of the peace executing the state’s will to arrest an individual accused of a crime. For an arrest warrant to be authorized, the state must show it has a strong reason to suspect the person indicated. Once signed by a judge or a magistrate, the person named on the warrant must be arrested within 48 hours. In addition to the name of the person, a Matagorda County warrant must also include the crimes they stand accused of, as well as the signature of the authorizing magistrate or judge.
Generally, the optimal place to start a warrants search is through the sheriff of that county. For Matagorda County, this means getting into contact with the Matagorda County Sheriff, which you can do either at 2323 Avenue E, in Bay City, TX 77414. Often, law offices will only grant warrant requests in person, so be prepared to take a trip to the sheriff’s office if you’re only trying to get arrest records, whether, for Matagorda County or any other county, you may do so at https://offender.tdcj.texas.gov/OffenderSearch/index.jsp. This is the online database of the Texas Department of Criminal Justice. Or you can use the above search form to search through an online criminal records database instantly.
If you find that you do have an active warrant in Matagorda County, Texas, we recommend turning yourself in as soon as possible. If you are residing in a different county, please be advised that state police officers can still execute an arrest warrant over county lines. You can view the full language of arrest warrant laws in Texas at https://statutes.capitol.texas.gov/Docs/CR/htm/CR.15.htm.
How do you connect with law enforcement agencies over the phone for a Matagorda County warrants search and arrests-data? (Checked in 2021)
- To access the report of an event handled by the police (arrests and accidents), contact the Sheriff’s Department at (979) 245-5526.
- For questions about active warrants, please contact the limited jurisdiction courts at (979)244-7605.
- To inquire about recent arrests and inmate arrest records, dial the phone number of the Matagorda County Jail- (979) 241-3275.
- For information on victim’s advocacy, including crime victim’s assistance, call the County Prosecutor’s Office at (979)244-7645.
- To learn about criminal case court dates and criminal judicial records, contact the Court Clerk at (979)244-7621.
Crime statistics of Matagorda County
In 2019, the annual crime rate of Matagorda County increased by 425%. The yearly average went from 75 incidents in 2018 to nearly 394 cases. Of the complaints filed, almost 332 were against property crimes. Violent crimes led to the filing of approximately 62 reports.