Procuring official records should be an easy, straightforward process, especially when you have a very time-sensitive need to access these documents. If you’re looking for an arrest warrant and record information for Jefferson County, Texas, then you’ve come to the right place. While we cannot provide these records for you outright, we can point you in the direction of the best place to access any of these records. Below, you will find what we consider to be the best sources.
The first place you’ll want to look, especially if you’re searching for arrest warrant information, is the Jefferson County Sheriffs Office website, which you can locate here: https://www.co.jefferson.tx.us/sheriff/. On this website are several different details about the sheriff’s organization in Jefferson County. One segment, in particular, will be key to you, the fugitive warrant division. You can find this page at https://www.co.jefferson.tx.us/Sheriff/lawenforcement/fugitive-warrant-division/. Please note that this website does not list the current warrants for that information. You will need to contact the Jefferson County Sheriffs Office directly.
A statewide resource provided by the Texas Department of Criminal Justice will be useful if you’re trying to get arrest record information. This tool, found at https://offender.tdcj.texas.gov/OffenderSearch/index.jsp, will detail all of the current persons serving time in Texas prisons, as well as the crimes they are alleged to have committed.
How do you get information on Jefferson County arrests and warrants over the phone? (2021-update)
- To file a non-emergency crime report, use the phone number of the Sheriff’s Office- 409-835-8411
- To know about active warrants, call the Warrants Clerk on 409-835-8453.
- For information on warrant and to seek assistance for serving civil processes (including bench warrants) call on 409-835-8408 for Beaumont and 409-983-8350 for Port Arthur.
- To know about recent arrests, call the Book-In Desk on 409-726-2540.
- For information on releases after arrests, call on 409-726-2541.
- For inquiries pertaining to auto-theft cases, call on 409-730-4455.
- For a complaint about narcotic crimes, call on 409-726-2950.
- To reach Criminal Investigations, dial the phone number 409-835-8419.
- To know the procedure for accessing criminal court records and initiating a warrant search through the judiciary, connect with the County Clerk on 409-835-8475.
- To get information on criminal cases handled by the District Court, call the District Clerk on 409- 835-8580.
Crime statistics for Jefferson County, TX
The property crime rate of Jefferson County went down by almost 10% from 2018 to 2019, to result in 360 complaints in the more recent year, as compared to the 380 incident reports filed in the previous year. Unfortunately, the violent crime rate did not follow this trend. Instead, the number of violent crimes increased by 10%.