If you’ve never had to take the time to look up official records for any of the many counties in Texas, then you haven’t had an opportunity to find that this can be an extraordinarily time-consuming process. Because many of these records are housed deep in the bowels of official websites, if they’re even available online at all, getting your hands on them can be very difficult. Thankfully, finding arrest records and warrants for Harris County, Texas, shouldn’t be as tricky as it can be for other counties.
This is because of the website provided by the Sheriff’s Office of Harris County. This website, which you can find here. Although this website doesn’t list all of the details of arrest records or even arrest warrants, it does provide a clear path for obtaining such information. You can find a contact page that deals exclusively with fugitives and arrest warrants here. Call the numbers listed, or email the address provided to make your request.
You can see the arrest records of persons currently in prison in Harris County in one of two ways. You can either visit this page https://apps.jims.hctx.net/sopublic/ to look up records of individual prisoners. Alternatively, you can use a tool provided by the Texas Department of Criminal Justice, which helps you search the prisoners throughout the state of Texas. This tool can be located at https://offender.tdcj.texas.gov/OffenderSearch/index.jsp.
How do you get Harris County arrest records and information on warrants over the phone? (2021-relevant)
- Contact the Information Line of the Sheriff’s Office on (713) 755-6044 to learn about active warrants against a specific subject or to complain about someone who has outstanding warrants in his name.
- Use the Inmate Information phone number- (713) 755-5300 to know about recent arrests, bookings, and releases.
- Call the non-emergency dispatch line of the Sheriff’s Office on (713) 221-6000 to file a complaint or to report an incident.
- Call the office of the county clerk on (713) 274-8600 for judicial records from the county courts.
- Get in touch with the District Clerk on (832) 927-5770 for information pertaining to felony cases.
- Connect with the Background Check Division of the District Clerk’s Office on 713-755-7300 to understand the process for initiating a criminal background check.
- Call the City of Houston Municipal Court on 311 and the other Municipal Courts on 713-247-5479 to know about fine-only cases.
Crime statistics for Harris County, TX
Because the crime data from 2018 is not available in its entirety, a yearly comparison of the crime scenario of Harris County is not possible. However, in 2019, approximately 50,000 criminal complaints were filed with the local police. Of these incidents, approximately 7200 were violent crimes while the rest were property crimes.