Despite having a relatively large population of just over 22,000 as of the 2008 census report (which you can access for yourself at https://www.census.gov/programs-surveys/popest.html ), Limestone County has a rather low prisoner population of just 214 prisoners (as of the TDCJ report at https://www.tdcj.state.tx.us/documents/Statistical_Report_FY2014.pdf ).
However, just because crime appears to be relatively low in Limestone County doesn’t mean that you shouldn’t be very careful when it comes to hiring new employees and babysitters. In fact, whenever you form any new contact, it is highly advisable that you at least perform a cursory search to see where they stand legally.
Your best bet to begin an arrest warrant search for Limestone County, Texas, is right through the Limestone County Sheriff’s Office. Located at 1221 E. Yeagua Street in Groesbeck, Texas 76642.
If you would like to search through the arrest records of all of the persons currently serving time in the Texas prison system, you may do so at https://offender.tdcj.texas.gov/OffenderSearch/index.jsp. Enter all of the information you happen to have, and let the search engine do the rest.
What Limestone County agency should you approach for an over-the-phone warrant search and arrests inquiry? (Update: 2021)
- Call the Limestone County Jail at (254) 729-2674 for prisoner records and inmate searches.
- Contact the Sheriff’s Office at (254) 729-3278 for arrest records, incident and accident reports.
- Contact the Limestone County Court at (254)729-3810 for information on arrest warrants and bench warrants.
- Call the Limestone County Attorney’s Office at (254)729-3814 for victim assistance.
- Contact the Clerk of Court at (254)729-3206 for judicial records inquiries.
Crime statistics of Limestone County
In 2019, over 90 crimes were reported in Limestone County. Of these, nearly 75 were property crimes, and around 5 were violent crimes. That was an increase of 14% from the 105 complaints filed in 2018.
Property crimes included 10 larceny-theft cases and over 63 burglary complaints, among others. The violent crime total included approximately 12 instances of aggravated assault and 2 cases of rape.