Located in almost the geographic center of Texas, Kerr County is home to almost 50,000 people, according to the fedstats.gov website, making it one of the state’s larger counties. Unfortunately, the greater population size of Kerr County also means that it has more crimes that occur within its boundaries and houses more criminals within its prisons. At the end of 2010, a total of almost 400 persons were being held in prisons there, according to the most recent report by the Texas DCJ ( https://www.tdcj.state.tx.us/documents/Statistical_Report_FY2014.pdf ).
However, an advantage of this greater size comes in the form of the Kerr County, Texas Sheriffs website, which can be found at http://www.co.kerr.tx.us/sheriff/. A robust website containing a great deal of information is an excellent place to begin any search for arrest records and arrest warrant information. To inquire directly about arrest warrants, you can contact their warrant and civil division. You can also take a look at that segment of their website at http://www.co.kerr.tx.us/sheriff/warrant_division.htm. Finally, you can see a list of all of the currently-wanted persons in Kerr County, Texas at http://www.co.kerr.tx.us/sheriff/kerr_wanted_fugitives.htm.
For arrest record information for Kerr County, Texas, you can use one of two resources: either the offender information search tool as provided by the Texas DCJ at https://offender.tdcj.texas.gov/OffenderSearch/index.jsp or the criminal history name search tool, provided by the Texas DPS, located at https://records.txdps.state.tx.us/DpsWebsite/CriminalHistory/.
Over the phone, how can you inquire about active warrants and recent arrests from Kerr County? (2021-current)
- For information on arrests and inmates, call the Kerr County Jail at (830) 895-2705
- For police records such as, accident reports and arrest reports, get in touch with the Sheriff’s Office at (830) 896-1216.
- For criminal judicial records, call the Clerk of Court at (830)792-2281.
- For information on arrest warrants and to provide information about a person who is in the warrants list, contact the County Court at (830)792-2211.
- For victim’s assistance, call the Victim’s Services Coordinator at (830)792-2220.
Crime statistics of Kerr County
The local law enforcement offices of Kerr County received 250 complaints in 2019. Of the cases registered, 199 were against property crimes. Larceny-theft complaints took the lead in this category, with 133 complaints. Violent crimes led to the filing of 51 complaints.