If you’re looking for arrest records and warrants for El Paso County, Texas, then you’ve come to the right place. In this article, we will examine the El Paso County Sheriffs website and point you in all of the right directions for procuring the records you’re seeking.
El Paso warrants a search.
First, you’ll want to visit the homepage of the El Paso County Sheriff. This page can be found at http://www.epcounty.com/sheriff/#. It houses a great deal of information, ranging from biographical information to official records to employment opportunities, so it is well worth taking the time to browse.
A page on this website deals with criminal records and details all of the steps necessary to obtain a full series of them. You can find these records at http://www.epcounty.com/sheriff/evidence.htm.
For a search of local sex offenders, you will want to look at this page: https://records.txdps.state.tx.us/SexOffender/PublicSite/Application/Search/Results.aspx?SearchType=School&CampusId=1106.
You can view an active database of all current criminal warrants at http://www.epcounty.com/sheriff/warrants.htm.
To search through a list of all of the people currently inhabiting the jails of Texas, you can utilize this search tool: https://offender.tdcj.texas.gov/OffenderSearch/index.jsp. By looking at individual prisoners, you can see their short-term arrest records.
Are there any options to access details on El Paso County arrests and active warrants over the phone? (In 2021)
Because criminal history data is not considered private information, it is possible to find some details over the phone. Here is a list of number that will help in your search for details on warrants and arrest records.
- Find out about recent arrests: Call the Downtown Jail at (915) 546-2212; reach the Jail Annex at (915) 856-4802 and get in touch with Jail Administration on (915) 546-2228.
- To get case numbers and copies of police reports: Get in touch with the Criminal Evidence and Forensics Division at (915) 538-2292 (only for victims and attorneys) and call Accident Investigations on(915) 538-2210 for crash reports.
- For Victim’s services: (915) 538-2242.
- To contact the detective working on your case: (915) 538-2291.
- For details on bench warrants, subpoenas and other civil processes: (915) 538-2253.
- For judicial records: Call the District Clerk on (915) 546-2021 to know more about conducting a case search for felony cases, and the county clerk on (915) 546-2071 for a similar inquiry pertaining to misdemeanor cases.
Crime statistics for El Paso County, TX
In terms of the total annual crime rate, things did not budge for El Paso County with incident figures hovering around the 900-mark in 2018 and 2019. However, there was a marked increase in the violent crime rate in 2019, which painted the picture of a worrying scenario.
As compared to the previous year, in 2019, violent crimes soared by nearly 8% to reach an incident rate of 260.