Hunting down all of the information that deals with arrest records and warrants for just about any county in the state of Texas can be a hugely difficult task if you aren’t sure where to begin. But that is where we come in; by providing you with a roadmap for accessing the records you need, you can save valuable time and money.
The best place to start is right at the Atascosa County, Texas Sheriffs website. While this website does not actually provide any of the records you may be looking for, it does display some of the more relevant information about the sheriff’s office. You can contact them directly to ask about current arrest warrants by either visiting them at 1108 Campbell Ave, in Jourdanton.
Before beginning your search for Atascosa County, Texas, arrest records. However, there are some things that you need to be aware of. The first is that you will not be able to access the records, at least not without consent, of anyone that is not currently in prison. The second thing you will need to know is that the Texas Department of Criminal Justice houses all of the information you are likely to need.
To get started, visit the TDCJ website over at http://www.tdcj.state.tx.us/. Here you can read about the various functions that they provide for the state of Texas. To get started on your records search, visit their Offender Information Search tool, located at https://offender.tdcj.texas.gov/OffenderSearch/index.jsp.
How do you inquire about active warrants and recent arrests from Atascosa County over the phone? (2021-current)
- To get answers for general law and order-related inquiries, dial the main phone number of the Sheriff’s Office- 830-769-3434
- To inquire about recent arrests, contact the Bookings Division at ext. 2231.
- To get in touch with a detective who is handling your case (victims only), dial ext. 2229/2223/2227.
- To request arrest records and inmate information, call Jail Records at ext. 2239
- To request an arrest report or accident/incident reports, call the Sheriff’s Office at ext. 2229.
- To contact Victim/Witness Services, call the County Attorney’s Office at 830-769-3573 or the County Attorney’s Office at 830-393-2200
Crime statistics of Atascosa County
In 2019, the Atascosa Sheriff’s Office received 603 criminal complaints in 2018. There were 520 property offenses and 83 violent crimes among them.
Property offenses included 317 larceny thefts, 136 burglaries, and 67 motor vehicle thefts. In the category of violent crimes, there were 68 aggravated assaults, 3 rapes, and 8 robberies.