Looking for arrest records and warrants for Bastrop County can be a huge challenge, but it doesn’t have to be. Unlike many other states throughout the country, Texas plays host to a website that catalogs all of the persons that are currently imprisoned in the Texas penal system.
Before heading over to that website, you will probably want to check in with the Bastrop County Sheriffs Office. While they may not be able to tell you whether or not someone has an arrest warrant in their name at this particular moment, they will be much better suited to getting ahold of this kind of information faster than the statewide institution of the Texas Department of Criminal Justice will. You can find the homepage of the Bastrop County Sheriffs Office at http://www.co.bastrop.tx.us/page/lec.sheriff.
Sometimes, however, the local police and sheriff groups will not tell you the information you’re seeking. If you find this is the case with Bastrop County, you should visit the Texas Department of Criminal Justice’s main web page at http://www.tdcj.state.tx.us/. Here, you can find a wide variety of information designed to help get details of criminals and arrest warrants for all of Texas, including Bastrop County. If you are mostly interested in searching for specific prisoners, then you should view the corresponding web page at https://offender.tdcj.texas.gov/OffenderSearch/index.jsp.
Is it possible to get details on Bastrop County arrests and warrants simply by making a phone call? (2021-information)
If you are primarily looking for details on arrests, the answer to that question would be, “Yes”. However, if your interests lie in a warrant search, the phone numbers listed below will only be of limited use. In any case, take a look at what details are currently offered over the phone:
- Call the Sheriff’s Office on 512-581-7100 to lodge a complaint, for general crime-related information and specific details on launching a background search through state agencies.
- Get in touch with the Detention Center on 512-549-5073 to find out about arrests in the last 24 hours.
- For information on inmate calling services, use the toll-free number (800) 844-6591.
- For arrest records (specific to Bastrop County Jail) call on 512-549-5083.
- For open records request and to know about the progress of such inquires call on 512-549-5007.
- To know about arrest warrants, including bench warrants and criminal warrants call on 512-549-5045, 5020.
- For victim’s assistance call on 512-549-5038.
- For court dockets, court dates and judicial records, including a criminal history check through the judiciary call on 512-332-7244 (District Clerk) or 512-332-7234 (County Clerk).
Crime statistics for Bastrop County, TX
Between 2018 and 2019, the crime rate of Bastrop County, TX jumped by 10% to reach a high of almost 650 incidents in the most recent year. Of the complaints filed in 2019, more than 210 were against violent criminal acts and about 650 were against property crimes.