Are you trying to determine if someone close to you has an active arrest warrant in Denton County, Texas, or even if they have an arrest record? Unlike for the vast majority of counties in the state of Texas, looking up these kinds of official records for Denton County is an easy, straightforward process. Almost everything that you will need is right on the Sheriff of Denton County’s website.
The home page of the Denton County Sheriffs Office can be found at http://sheriff.dentoncounty.com/main.asp?Dept=54. Feel free to click and browse for the particular official record you’re looking for, or read on for our recommended links.
To find the arrest records of persons for Denton County, Texas, you’re going to want to start with the Denton County Records Search web page, which can be found http://justice.dentoncounty.com/. This page provides a detailed list of all of the records that this website can provide. If you are specifically searching for sex offender records, you’ll want to follow this link: http://sheriff.dentoncounty.com/main.asp?Dept=54&Link=515.
For many counties, finding arrest warrant information involves contacting the sheriff of that county directly. This is not the case for getting arrest warrant information for Denton County. All you will need to do is visit the corresponding web page, enter the requested information, and browse the results. You can find the initial form at http://sheriff.dentoncounty.com/main.asp?Dept=54&Link=968.
How can you access Denton judicial records and warrants data over the phone? (2021-update)
- For information on recent arrests, dial the phone number of the Intake Division- 940-349-2600.
- For details on arrest warrants-940-349-1560.
- For information on bench warrants call the Civil Clerk- 940-349-2016.
- To know about a criminal case (only victims and witnesses) call the Criminal Investigation Division- 940-349-2600.
- For Victim’s Assistance- 940-349-2600.
- To access information on cases handled by the Magistrate’s Court- 940-349-1867.
- For case records (misdemeanor offenses only) – Criminal Misdemeanor Clerk- 940-349-2014.
- To file non-emergency complaints- 940-349-1600.
- For a warrant search- 940-349-1560.
- To find criminal felony records-940-349-2210.
- For information on prisoners- 940-349-1600.
- Juvenile intake related information- 940-349-2470.
Crime statistics for Denton County, TX
Between 2018 and 2019, there was a drop of 5% in the overall crime average of Denton County, TX. In 2019, a total of 535 criminal complaints were filed with the local police as compared to the 560 complaints in 2018.
Unfortunately, the drop in the annual crime rate was owed to plunging property crime figures and not those of violent crimes. The latter actually soared by nearly 30% in 2019 to reach an annual average of nearly 100 incidents.