As of the end of 2010, as many as 397 people in Kaufman County, Texas, were in the various jails throughout the county, with 422 persons being incarcerated in one form or another throughout the county. Although these numbers are lower than they are for many of the counties throughout Texas, it is still important to have a solid understanding of how you can access arrest records and arrest warrant information for Kaufman County, Texas.
To start, you can find a full suite of statistics for the state of Texas at https://www.tdcj.state.tx.us/documents/Statistical_Report_FY2014.pdf. Scroll down to the section you wish to view statistics for, and take note of the county you’re searching for. Unfortunately, statistics cant always answer whatever questions you have concerning arrest warrants. For these questions, we suggest directing your attention to the Kaufman County Sheriffs Office. You can contact them best by visiting their website at http://kaufmanso.com/.
You can see a list of the Most Wanted persons for Kaufman County here: http://www.kaufmancountycrimestoppers.org/wanteds.aspx and view statistical reports for Kaufman County at https://www.tdcj.state.tx.us/documents/Statistical_Report_FY2014.pdf. Finally, you can perform a records request for this county at http://kaufmanso.com/Open-Records/open-records.html.
If you’re trying to find a specific person in the Kaufman County prison system, then you can use the Texas Department of Criminal Justice’s offender information search tool at https://offender.tdcj.texas.gov/OffenderSearch/index.jsp to do so.
How do you get information on Kaufman County arrest records and warrants over the phone? (2021-update)
- To learn about a person who was arrested in the last 24 hours, get in touch with the Jail Administrator on 972-932-9736.
- To contact the Sheriff’s Office, use their non-emergency phone number 972-932-4337.
- To reach the County Clerk’s Office, dial 972-932-0200. This agency can help you with judicial records and court dockets from the county courts.
- For judicial records specific to felony cases, contact the District Clerk at 469-376-40.
- For all questions pertaining to a criminal investigation, call on 972-932-9705.
- To know if your subject has an arrest warrant against him and to learn more about initiating a local background search, contact the custodian of records at 972-932-9754.
Crime statistics for Kaufman County, TX
If you were to only consider the violent crime rate of Kaufman County for 2018 and 2019, the area seems to have fared well in the most recent year, given the drop of almost 15% in this crime category. However, the outlook appears grim when you consider the rise of nearly 40% in property crime rates that scaled to a high of 770 incidents in 2019 as compared to the 570 complaints filed in 2018.