Every once in a while, a website comes along that ends up being exactly what you need it to be. For Texas, particularly if you’re searching for arrest records and warrants for Comal County, this website would be that of the Comal County Sheriffs Office.
Housing information above and beyond the call of what other Texas sheriffs believe to be their duty, Comal County makes it easy to find most of the information that deals with arrest records and warrants. First, though, you should probably check out their home page, which can be accessed here: http://www.co.comal.tx.us/so/index.html.
One of the resources that really ought to be universally available but which is only so on a limited basis is that of the Top Ten Most Wanted for any given county. This information can be used to determine who has the strongest arrest warrants out for them (although it is not an exhaustive list!). You can find this page at http://www.co.comal.tx.us/Most%20wanted%20main.htm.
On a similar note, you can even read about the Crime of the Week, which changes every week and can be a story of human interest. This is at http://www.comalcrimestoppers.org/crimeoftheweek.aspx.
Unfortunately, one of the things this website does not detail is actual arrest records. Thankfully, you can find complete jail listings, detailed arrest records on this page: https://offender.tdcj.texas.gov/OffenderSearch/index.jsp.
Can you get information on Comal County arrests and warrants over the phone? (2021)
Although you can find out about outstanding warrants and recent arrests by making a phone call, don’t expect any agency to oblige you with a complete background report. Take a look at how you can avail some of the data held by various state agencies:
- Information on recent arrests: Use the phone number of the Comal County Jail- 830-620-3450.
- Details on arrest warrants: Call the Warrant Section- 830-620-3411.
- Information on civil processes, including bench warrants: Get in touch with the Civil Section- 830- 620-3413.
- Filing a non-emergency complaint or a request for police reports: Call the non-emergency dispatch line of the Sheriff’s Office- 830-620-3400.
- Court dockets and judicial records: Call the county clerk – 830-221-1230 or get in touch with the District Clerk- 830- 221-1250.
- Crime tips: Call Comal County Crime Stoppers- 800-640-8422 or 830-620- 8477.
Crime statistics for Comal County, TX
The violent crime figures for Comal County are not available for 2018, so it isn’t possible to understand the changes in the crime rates between 2018 and 2019. However, in the more recent year, the area witnessed more than 600 property crimes, which was nearly 2% higher than the figures of 2018.