The search for arrest records and warrants, whether for Calhoun County, Texas, or any other county in Texas, can be a vexing, time-consuming process, or it can be painless and straightforward. As with almost everything that takes place mostly online, the difference comes from how effectively you know where to look.
The best place to look at bar none for arrest records for anywhere in Texas is through the Texas Department of Criminal Justice. This organization, run by the state, makes it its business to track and maintain all of the details that have anything to do with persons arrested and convicted in Texas. While this means that detailed criminal histories may not be available and that you may also not find information for anyone who isn’t currently in jail, it can and often is a hugely beneficial tool.
You can find the main web page of the TDCJ here: http://www.tdcj.state.tx.us/. However, the tool that will allow you to search all of the criminals in Texas, at least those currently appearing in prison, can be located here: https://offender.tdcj.texas.gov/OffenderSearch/index.jsp.
If you are looking for active warrants for Calhoun County, Texas, you will need to contact the sheriff of that county. This office maintains a webpage at http://www.calhouncotx.org/sheriff.html. You can reach them at the address of 211 S. Ann Street, in Port Lavaca.
How do you contact state agencies for an arrest report or details about warrants from Calhoun County over the phone? (Updated-2021)
- To find information about recent arrests, contact the Calhoun County Jail at (361) 553-4475.
- To access details on active warrants, get in touch with the Calhoun County court at (361)553-4600.
- To request an arrest report, accident report, or incident report, contact the Calhoun County Sheriff’s Office at (361) 553-4646.
- To obtain information about victim’s assistance, call the Calhoun County Attorney at (361) 553-4422.
- To learn more about obtaining criminal court records, reach out to the Clerk of Court at (361)553-4630.
Crime statistics of Calhoun County
In 2019, more than 120 criminal complaints were filed in Calhoun County. Around 105 of them were for property crimes like larceny theft (71), burglary (26), and car thefts (6). There were 14 cases of serious assault and 8 cases of rape among the 22 complaints filed in the category of violent crimes.